Pay it forward!
Each one of us CAN make a difference. Everyone deserves to know how to live a Healthy, Balanced life. Share this free information with everyone you love!
For a more precise and personalized Nutritional Balancing Program, CLICK HERE.
DIET FOR MOST PEOPLE
A very healthful diet is basic to Nutritional Balancing Science.
Nutritional Balancing seeks to balance five main qualities of food intake:
1. How to obtain the most nutrients from an extremely nutrient-depleted food supply
2. How to avoid toxins in food, both natural and man-made
3. How to eat a more yang diet to balance the extremely yin quality of most bodies today
4. How to obtain more etheric or subtle energy from food
5. How to balance the oxidation rate and perhaps major mineral ratios with food
Fill two-thirds of your plate or more! with cooked vegetables at least twice every day (emphasis on vegetables and cooking them).
Vegetables: Seventy to eighty percent of your diet should be cooked vegetables. Eat cooked vegetables three times daily to get enough. As much as possible, eat fresh, local and organically grown produce- grown without chemical sprays and pesticides and grown on richly mineralized soils– to get the most nutrients and decrease toxin exposure. Get to know your local farms and their practices! The label “Organic” does not always guarantee quality.
Vegetables provide many nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, amino acids and fiber. They are also very yang in nature and increase the alkalinity of the body more than any other food group. This is important today because the balance of the pH is a factor in healing.
(Note: Do not try to alkalinize the body with a alkaline water machine or alkaline bottled water. These are not safe, in our experience, no matter what the sales people contend. They usually use tap water and may contain toxic metals. More on proper drinking water is found below)
AVOID the nightshade family of vegetables which include: white potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant and all peppers (sweet potatoes are ok).
AVOID also cucumbers, summer squashes, and okra. These are all really fruits, which are too yin. Nightshades also contain solanin, a toxic substance.
Cooking: Remember to cook your vegetables always (except when juicing carrots which is explained below). Many people recommend raw vegetables to obtain more Vitamin C and food enzymes. However, there are numerous problems with raw food today including: uncleanliness (parasites, bacteria and other harmful microorganisms), low mineral absorption, require much more energy to breakdown and absorb, are much to yin, and many other reasons. To read more, read Raw Food.
Watch: Food Matters, Food Inc., Dirt! The Movie
Read: Joyful Cooking for nutritionally balanced recipes
Eat & Support: Find and shop at local farmer’s markets, family farms or join a CSA . Get to know your farmers and their practices! OR Choose local, organic produce at your local health food store. Whole Foods Market
Grow: Grow your own vegetables! Homesweet Homegrown: Grow, make & store your own food! Awesome! | Smart Gardener: Easy way to plan and grow your own organic vegetable garden
Eat protein twice daily or even a little with each meal, if it helps you. Portion size can be 3-5 ounces or so for adults. Protein foods, especially those of animal quality, offer many nutrients including zinc, selenium, sulfur, many vitamins, essential amino acids, essential fatty acids and much more. Please do not follow a vegetarian diet for this reason. Read more about Vegan and Vegetarian Diets.
Meats: Eat lightly cooked meats, especially lamb, chicken, turkey, and wild game. A little grass-fed beef is okay as well. Whole eggs are also an excellent food and should be cooked lightly.
AVOID all pig products (nearly all- pork, ham, bacon, etc.- contain trichina cysts and other parasites even when fully cooked), all vegetarian diets, and all processed meats like bologna as most contain many chemicals.
Dairy: Eat raw dairy products only, or if unavailable Horizon organic dairy products. These are the best dairy products. They are very rich in calcium, magnesium, zinc, sodium, selenium, dozens of other trace minerals, and other nutrients our bodies require. Raw goat dairy is somewhat superior, in most cases, to raw cows dairy products.
Pasteurization damages the availability of its calcium and protein. It also destroys most of the omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E, and some other nutrients, rendering the milk a horrible concoction that often causes allergic reactions. Many people who are allergic to regular milk products can tolerate raw dairy products. If they cannot, most soon develop tolerance to it when they follow a nutritional balancing program.
Limit your raw milk intake to about 8 ounces daily. More is too yin in Chinese medical terms. You may also have some raw yogurt and raw cheese, especially full-fat goat cheese.
AVOID pasteurized, homogenized dairy products.
Fish: Small fish such as Sardines are excellent, along with some herring, or anchovies. However, avoid all the others, sadly, except maybe some other small fish once in a while and salmon once a month.
AVOID most fish due to its high mercury level.
AVOID all shellfish due to toxic metal contamination.
Watch: Food Inc., Fresh The Movie
Read: Joyful Cooking for nutritionally balanced recipes
Eat & Support: Local farms that offer 1) unprocessed (Raw), pasture-fed, full-fat milk and cheeses from goats, sheep or cows 2) pasture-fed, organically raised meats such as lamb, chicken, eggs, turkey and wild game. Get to know your farmers and their practices! Nationwide: www.realmilk.com | NJ/NY: We love these three Valley Shepherd Creamery, Uddermilk, Amaar Milk
Cooked Grains. About 5 to 6% of the diet may be cooked grains. While these can be excellent foods, many people do not handle them well, especially in higher quantity, due to yeasts in the intestines and other intestinal difficulties.
The best whole grains for most people are organic blue corn, as in the blue corn organic tortilla chips or blue corn tortillas. Others are brown rice, white Basmati rice, quinoa, and a little millet, amaranth or buckwheat.
Others, provided you don’t have gluten sensitivity, include rye, oats, and barley. However, many people feel better without any gluten in their diet.
AVOID wheat and spelt in all forms. Wheat is a very hybridized food, like beef and some dairy today. As a result, wheat has become an unbalanced and inflammatory food. An important habit change is to avoid all foods made with wheat such as most breads, pastries, cakes, cookies, flour tortillas, hot and cold cereals, soups thickened with flour, and wheat pasta. Wheat pasta is less processed and a little better, but still best avoided. If you want pasta, use rice, or other non-wheat pasta.
FRUIT AND SWEETS
Fruits are unfortunately not good foods today. They are almost all hybrids that are too sweet, and they have less nutrition than most other natural foods. They are also very yin in Chinese medical terms. Fruits often upset the blood sugar level and very often contribute to intestinal diseases such as yeast infections. Also, while technically alkaline-forming, most people cannot utilize them properly and they instead acidify the body, at times.
AVOID all fruit (including dried fruit) and sweets, perhaps with the exception of a few berries for desert on occasion, or a rare piece of apple or other juicy fruit in the summer during the fruit’s season.
AVOID all sugars, if possible. Do not substitute artificial sweeteners if possible. If you must, use a little stevia or xylitol as a sweetener. Less desirable is raw honey, agave syrup or pure maple syrup in tiny amounts as a sweetener.
Water. Almost all adults need to drink three (3) quarts or more of water each and every day. An excellent habit is to drink up to 1 quart of warm, healthful spring water upon arising in the morning. This not only hydrates the body, buy gets things “moving”.
Finding healthful water to drink is extremely important. Spring water that is bought in recycled plastic jugs or delivered to your home is fine. An alternative is to go to www.findaspring.com to perhaps find a spring near you where you can fill up your own water jugs and decrease plastic consumption. Spring water provides many minerals the body needs and it is untamperred with.
If you cannot afford spring water, the next best water is usually carbon-filtered tap water. Do not use fancy water filters. Use a carbon filter only. The others may clean up the water, but they appear to damage it as well.
AVOID all reverse osmosis water, alkaline water, “purified water” and almost all “designer” or fancy waters sold in health food stores and elsewhere. Too often, these are made with reverse osmosis water or other types of water that do not hydrate the body as well.
AVOID water machines such as alkaline water machines.
AVOID adding minerals to your water. In all cases, so far, this detracts from the overall quality of the water because water is a type of living food and randomly adding minerals to it damages the totality of the water, which is extremely complex.
Read Water For Drinking for much more on water.
CARROT AND/OR GREEN JUICE
Every adult would benefit from 10-12 ounces of carrot juice daily, preferably away from a meal. If possible, wait 15 minutes after drinking it before eating a meal.
Carrot juice is very sweet, however, it provides a highly bioavailable form of calcium and other nutrients that most people need, including vitamins A (beta carotenes), B, C, E, and others. One or two ounces of wheat grass juice is also fine as a substitute, but not all the time.
For children, carrot and green juice is very good, however, give them proportionally less of it based on their weight.
Juicing. Juicing your own carrot or green juice is a phenomenal way to energize yourself and support your healing. Adding a few spinach leaves or other greens such as Swiss chard, beet greens, a little fresh ginger root, beets or celery root to your juicing will cut the sweetness and add other flavors and wonderful nutrients.
AVOID adding fruit the your juicing, as it is too sweet, yin and unbalances the juice. The only exception is for a child, in which case you may add a little apple to help encourage them to drink it happily.
Note: Those with yeast problems or sugar sensitivity may not tolerate carrot juice well. In this case, drink one half or one-third of your juice, put the rest in the refrigerator and drink more of it every few hours. This avoids putting a lot of sugar into your blood stream at one time. Be sure your juice is fairly fresh. If store-bought juice does not taste good, it may be moldy or have pesticides in it.
Watch: Food Matters, The Gerson Miracle
Read: Raw Vegetable Juices By Norman Walker for info benefits of small glasses of vegetable juices | Joyful Cooking for nutritionally balanced recipes
Juice: This is the juicer we use everyday. Great for carrots and greens such as chard, spinach, beets green, etc. We Love ours! Omega VRT-350
Other Beverages. Besides pure water, only mild teas hydrate the body perfectly. These include black or green tea, chamomile, hibiscus, mint, strawberry leaf and other mild herbal blends. One cup of coffee daily is fair, but okay if desired. Please do not add sweeteners to them, if at all possible.
AVOID all fruit juice.
AVOID all soda, energy drinks and strong sweetened teas.
AVOID alcohol in all forms, as much as possible. An occasional small glass of wine or beer is okay once in a while, but not very good for one’s health. Wine in particular is often the most contaminated alcoholic beverage, as many pesticides are used on grapes.
HERBS & CONDIMENTS
Salt. Use a good quality sea salt with your cooking. Strictly avoid table salt, which is a very poor quality product.
Other Herbs & Condiments. Some nutritional yeast and rice polishings are excellent additions to any diet. Mustard is also an excellent spice that can be added to many dishes. Other great spices are cumin, turmeric, garlic, dill, rosemary, thyme, oregano, curry powder and many other mild herbs.
AVOID or use sparingly all medicinal herbs, especially those imported from Asia or Latin America. Sadly, Ayurvedic and Chinese herbs usually contain toxic metals and other toxic substances. Most herbal programs are not compatible with nutritional balancing science. If you are on personalized program, we will suggest herbs that are safe.
OTHER FOODS TO AVOID
AVOID most canned, boxed, refined, prepared and processed foods. Instead, make your own simple dishes.
AVOID most restaurants, unless you know the food is sourced quality farms, made fresh, cleaned properly and not laced with hundreds of chemicals. Chain restaurants are often the worst. Especially if/when dining out, avoid all raw food for reasons of cleanliness.
AVOID most frozen prepared meals, as most contain many chemical ingredients. Read labels if you are not sure.
GENERAL DIET SUGGESTIONS
Cooking. Preferably steam your food to cook it. Other good methods are stir-frying, crock pots, roasting, baking vegetables or meats providing you do not overcook meats, in particular. Cook eggs lightly so the yolks are still runny. For example, soft boil eggs only 3-4 minutes, poach, loosely scramble, or fry them, but not so much that the yolks are hard. Only dairy products should be eaten raw.
Many doctors recommend raw salads. We do not, however. The reasons are 1) raw food is often contaminated with bacteria and parasites, 2) our bodies have difficulty extracting all the minerals from raw food, 3) raw foods are often cold and take more energy to digest, and 4) cooking concentrates many foods, allowing one to eat more vegetables. The exception is dairy products, which are best eaten raw, when you can find it. This is generally safe. Especially when dining out, avoid all raw food for reasons of cleanliness.
Eating Habits. Do not skip meals. Preferably, eat a meal every few hours if you have hypoglycemia. However, do not eat or snack all the time. Rest a few minutes before eating. Then sit down in a quiet place to eat. Eat slowly and chew thoroughly. Relax at least 10 minutes after eating before leaving the table or returning to your activities. Rotate your diet, eating the same food no more than every other day, if possible.
AVOID eating while driving, when upset, or in noisy places.
AVOID drinking a lot of liquid with meals. Drink up to 15 minutes before a meal or an hour or more afterwards. This prevents diluting your stomach and digestive juices with too much liquid.
Simplicity. The simplest food combinations are easiest on your digestion. If you can, be satisfied with a single food or two at a meal, as this is best. It also simplifies food preparation and cleanup. Also, if possible, refrain from putting a lot of dressings, sauces, relishes, sweeteners and spices on your food. These, too, can upset a stressed digestive system. Human beings used to eat much simpler meals in earlier times, and their digestion was far better.
Several nutrient supplements that are needed by most people, and that you may start right away, are listed below. Two good and very inexpensive brands in the supermarket or drugstore are NatureMade and Nature’s Way. They are not quite as good as a professional brand, but they usually work. Stay away from most other brands in stores because we find that some do not work as well, no matter how expensive they are.
If you would like to start taking professional quality supplements for nutrients needed by most people now, we have indicated their names in parentheses below. Anyone may purchase them directly through Endo-met Laboratories HERE.
The kind of supplement, brand and dosage are all critical. Please do not alter any of these three factors. Here are basic supplement suggestions, until you decide to send in a hair sample for a nutritional balancing program:
1. Kelp capsules. For adults: about three 660 mg capsules of kelp daily, but only from Nature’s Way or Solaray. Read More about the benefits of this Green Superfood.
2. Omega-3 fatty acids. These are critical as most people are very low in them. Adults need about 1000 mg daily of omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil, preferably, or other source of omega-3 fatty acids. Cod liver oil does not work as well. (Endo-met Labs: EPA-DHA)
3. Vitamin D. 5000 iu daily. (Endo-met Labs: Vitamin D3)
4. Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc. Most people need about 750 mg of a quality calcium product, 450 mg of a quality magnesium product, and about 20-30 mg of a good zinc product. The minerals should be chelates, lactates, citrates or other high quality minerals. (Endo-met Labs: Paramin- Combination Calcium + Magnesium, Zinc)
5. A Powerful Digestive Aid. Most people need digestive support at all ages to support bile production and enhance digestion, allowing for higher nutrient absorption. More importantly, most people have some degree of intestinal dysbiosis. This means the presence of infections, yeasts (such as candida albicans infection), parasites and other flora or micro-organisms in the intestines that are not ideal. GB-3 will help kill many of these. The digestive aid should ideally contain ox bile and pancreatin. This is the most yang and usually the most powerful as well. Read More about the important benefits of GB-3 & other Digestive Aids. (Endo-met Labs: GB-3)
6. A low-potency multi-vitamin mineral. Most people need a complete multi-vitamin-mineral formula. We say low-potency because ones that contain a lot of B-complex vitamins will make some people very anxious. If you do a hair mineral analysis, we will be very specific about which one is right for your body chemistry, but until then many will help a little.
7. If you can afford it, take several dried vegetable capsules daily. This is usually much better than a green superfood powder, as these oxidize and go rancid quickly. (Endo-met Labs: Endo-Veggies)
DAILY USE OF A NEAR INFRARED LIGHT SAUNA
Near infrared light sauna therapy was added to nutritional balancing several years ago because it is a fabulous, inexpensive and quite safe healing and detoxification procedure. It is not required for everyone, but often greatly speeds up healing. With regular use, it allows the body to eliminate hundreds of toxic chemicals and two dozen toxic metals in a few years that would otherwise take much longer.
It also helps tremendously to safely eliminate chronic infections. It also dramatically improves circulation, hydration and oxygenation of the body. Near infrared saunas are dry, clean and use very little electricity.
Read: Infrared Sauna Therapy, Far Infrared vs. Near Infrared Saunas & Sauna Therapy by Lawrence Wilson, MD for great information about the universal as well as unique benefits of infrared sauna therapy for common conditions. Plans for building your own sauna or converting a bathroom/small space, and detailed instructions for use are also included in this wonderful resource.
Get Started: Supervision, Safety & How to
1. Build a near infrared sauna with Free Plans.
2. You may also purchase a kit to convert your bathtub or convert a traditional sauna/far infrared sauna into an infrared sauna. These kits will help you get a fast start- Turbo Infrared Sauna: Very Convenient! | Portable Mini Lite Sauna: More Affordable!
3. Purchase a kit that assembles in about an hour and works very well indoors. Inexpensive Near Infrared Sauna Total Kit.
4. Buy a near infrared sauna from several other sauna builders around the nation and the world. Click here for a list of others offering near infrared saunas.
DAILY COFFEE ENEMAS
This is another excellent, safe and powerful detoxification procedure that we always recommend with a nutritional balancing program. Coffee enemas heal and remove many toxins from the liver and colon. They reduce and eliminate many symptoms of general toxicity. Since toxicity is the cause of dozens of common symptoms from arthritis to cancer, coffee enemas help with many, if not most diseases and conditions. They greatly speed up the healing process for most people.
1. Obtain at least 8 – 10 hours of sleep each and every night. More rest is critical for most people. Also, getting to sleep early, between 8 and 9 PM, will give you the most restful night’s sleep. Naps are excellent during the day and may also be needed, as you may feel tired at times as healing occurs.
2. Reduce stress wherever you can by living simply and inexpensively. Also, do your best to live and work in a place with clean air, peace and quiet.
3. Gentle exercise only is best with a nutritional balancing program because it will help conserve most of your energy for healing. Limit your exercise to gentle walking, hiking, bicycling or perhaps swimming in lakes, oceans or rivers but not pools, preferably, due to toxic chemicals and infections. Although some health authorities will disagree, it is not necessary to exercise vigorously. Even Kenneth Cooper, the founder of aerobics, discovered this after a number of people dropped dead of heart attacks during vigorous exercise routines. Most people are 1) exhausted, and 2) very unhealthy. As a result, vigorous exercise may feel good, but just stresses the body severely and is never a good idea.
4. Deep breathing every day for at least 15-30 minutes is also excellent.
5. Ozonator/ionizer air purifier. Use this machine in your bedroom each night to add oxygen and negative ions to your body, which greatly supports healing. It also pulls dust, dirt and other allergens out of the air, which makes air purification a tremendous benefit especially for those with allergies. Recommended units are made by the following companies: Better Living Alpine Air, Ecoquest, Oreck, Peak Pure Air. We also recommend these affordable home ozonators by O3Pure especially the laundry ozonator system.
6. Etheric Healing. Unless removed, negative energy can remain embedded within the etheric field for decades, causing unhealthy patterns to repeat frequently, and more notably causing physical illnesses. Additionally, any imbalance, disease or faulty functioning within the physical body leads to imbalance within the corresponding etheric counterpart that must also be healed for optimal health.
Removing these negative energies and blockages within the etheric bodies, while simultaneously balancing body chemistry of the physical body allows one to truly heal the Root of physical and/or emotional disease. With a healthy lifestyle, this is a truly Whole-istic approach to healing, allowing one to move forward in life with healthier physical, emotional and mental bodies, and fewer repeats of old patterns and behaviors.
Regular etheric healing sessions are highly recommended while on a Nutritional Balancing program, especially during the first 3 months as it assists the transition to a healthier lifestyle. The synergistic benefits will further your progress more than anything else. Clients who receive etheric healing while on a Nutritional Balancing progress faster, experience less mental and emotional resistances and feel lighter and happy overall.
7. Energetically Imprinted Crystals. These tools greatly enhance healing while on a Nutritional Balancing program. When worn daily, it keeps the healing energies flowing throughout the meridians, chakras and your entire energetic field, assisting in healing on all levels. The crystals elevate your overall frequency, support in cleansing of lower vibratory frequencies and create an energetic boundary protecting you from most negative energy in your environment.
8. The daily spinal twist. This simple exercise will help keep your spine in alignment, and is as good a most chiropractic, although it is not a substitute for excellent chiropractic care.
Part I. Lie down on your back with your legs straight, feet together but not crossed, and your arms stretched out to the sides. First gently and slowly turn your head from left to right, several times. This, alone, will help adjust your neck and upper back. If you can do it gently, move your head as far to the right and to the left as you can. Always do it slowly, however, and never force anything.
Part II. This is for your mid and lower back, an area that most people have difficulty with. Lift your left leg straight up in the air and gently swing it to your right over the other leg so it twists your spine to the right. Stay here for a few breaths and slowly release. Repeat on the other side. This exercise stretches, aligns and helps energy flow through the spine.
9. Rub your feet daily, or preferably twice daily using the principles of foot reflexology. This is a simple, inexpensive but quite powerful procedure that anyone can do at home. It will balance the channel system of the body and by so doing help release toxins, help relax the body, and improve many types of symptoms. I suggest doing it in the morning and before bedtime at night. Ten minutes for each foot is sufficient in most cases.
10. Limit sex to a maximum of once a week. This is to retain all your vital fluids and energy for healing. This means try not to ejaculate, men, and for women it means to limit orgasms and sexual fluid loss. Feel free to hug and kiss all you want!
11. Sun exposure for up to 30 minutes daily is very good. Do not stay in the sun for hours, as this is toxic, even if you wear sunscreen. Furrthermore, most suncreens are toxic as well.
12. Reduce toxic exposures. Reduce all chemicals on your skin such as perfumes, cologne, lotions, etc. Use only natural products with as few chemicals in them as possible.
13. Avoid and remove all silver amalgam dental fillings. If you have silver amalgam dental fillings, begin now to have them replaced with either composite fillings or gold alloy. The silver amalgams contain mercury that is extremely toxic.
14. Minimize electromagnetic pollution. Try to use a wired land telephone, rather than a cell phone. If you must use a cell or portable phone, hold it away from your head or use a headset or speakerphone. Turn off all electrical devices when you sleep, and keep them as far away as possible from you at all times.
CAUTIONS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
1. This article is designed as a do-it-yourself version of Nutritional Balancing Science to help you get started on a path to health right away. However, a more precise and personalized Nutritional Balancing Program is most effective as it removes the guesswork and any wasted time/effort. This involves having a properly performed and correctly interpreted Hair Mineral Analysis to assess your oxidation type, body chemistry and your particular needs. Your program will combine most of the items included in the Basic Program with more specific instructions regarding your diet and drinking water.
In addition, an individualized program will include several more food supplements based on your hair analysis patterns, and more tailored instructions on the use of detoxification procedures. In addition, the Hair Mineral Test may offer other clues and information that will help us design a more personalized healing program for you.
2. Do not add other products, vitamins, minerals, herbs, homeopathics, hormones, drugs or anything else without checking with us. In almost all cases, these will always slow your progress and often ruin the program completely.
3. Children should take proportionally less of the products according to their weight and size. However, the same principles apply to everyone.
4. One need not do everything listed above to obtain some results. However, the more you do, the faster will be the results.
5. Each person will heal and move along at his or her own pace. The pace of healing depends upon your age, condition, illnesses, lifestyle and other factors.